- 1 bag large marshmallows
- ¾ cup nut butter, such as cashew, almond, peanut or hazelnut
- 10-12 oz brown rice cereal
- ½ cup craisins
- ⅔ cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- ⅔ cup cashews, toasted, chopped
Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a medium baking sheet. Combine brown rice cereal, craisins, pecans and cashews. Microwave marshmallows and nut butter, stirring after 1 minute, until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir gently to combine. (Note that you must melt marshmallows and nut butter right before mixing or it will set!)
Either wet your hands or spray them lightly with the nonstick cooking spray and turn the mixture out on the greased baking sheet. Press it into the pan using your slick hands so that it’s evenly distributed. Set the pan aside and let the bars set up, about 30 minutes.
From Robin McGraw
- 24 oz frozen orange or pineapple-orange-banana juice
- 12 oz frozen lemonade or Old Orchard Apple Cherry
- 12 oz 7UP
- 1 can crushed pineapple, large, with juice
Thaw juices. Mix all ingredients. Add any amount of fresh or canned, drained fruit. Freeze in 9 oz plastic glasses. Thaw an hour before serving.
Fresh peaches, strawberries, raspberries and bananas are very good.
- 1 ½ cups Wheaties
- 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- ½ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 T peanut butter
In a bowl, combine cereals, peanuts and mixed fruit. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook and stir until brown sugar and peanut butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over the cereal mixture; gently stir to coat evenly.
Allow to chill. Transfer to an 8″ square dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; gently press down. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
From Taste of Home: Guilt-Free Cooking