- 1 cup uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces turkey chili with beans
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup baked corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili, tomatoes, corn chips, 1/2 cup cheese, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to beef mixture.
Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
From Taste of Home: Guilt-Free Cooking