- 6 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cooked whole grain brown rice
- ½ cup carrot, finely shredded, 1 medium
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon dried dillweed
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 ounces American cheese, sliced
- pickle slices
Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, stir together tuna, rice, carrot, onion, peanuts, bread crumbs, parsley, milk, dillweed and pepper. Add egg and mix well.
Shape mixture into four 3/4″ thick patties. Lightly coat broiler pan with cooking spray and place patties on pan.
Broil 4″ from heat for 7 minutes. Turn patties over; add English muffin halves to rack. Broil about 2 minutes more or until patties are cooked through (160 F) and muffins are toasted.
Place a tuna patty on each muffin half. Top evenly with cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve with pickle slices.
Better Homes & Gardens