This is an incredibly simple recipe that produces tender, flavorful chicken that makes you want seconds no matter how full you are!
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- favorite jarred marinara sauce
Spread olive oil in the bottom of the crockpot. Beat egg in a separate bowl. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Dip chicken breasts into egg, then into bread crumb mixture, coating both sides. Place in bottom of crockpot. Layer slices of cheese on top, depending on how much you like. Cover with entire jar of marinara sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.